Rum Awards & Categories
Nordic Rum Fest are gathering some of the nordics sharpest pallets to evaluate all of the amazing rum coming through our amazing rum fest and all the winners will be annonced at the Award Dinner on Friday the 31.st of May 2019 after the shows first weekend.
At Nordic Rum Fest we have chosen to do the classifications out of 2 primary focus points, the raw material and the destillation technique:
Discontinuous Destillation(DD) or Pot still, traditional alambique where the alcohol produced never exceeds 75%
Continuous Destillation(CD) or Coloumn Still, traditional coloumn where the alcohol produced never exceeds 96%
And when we look at the raw material; Cane Sugar.
Rums who are exclusively made on the fermentation and destillation of juice from Cane Sugar, with a minimum abv. Of 38% and with no more than 40 gr/l of residual sugars:
Virgin Cane Honey:
Rums who are exclusively made on the fermentation and destillation of Virgin Cane honey, where nothing more than water has been extracted in the concentration process., with a minimum abv. Of 38% and with no more than 40 gr/l of residual sugars:
Molasses and others:
Rums who are exclusively made on the fermentation and destillation of molasses or syrupes from Cane Sugar Origin, with a minimum abv. Of 38% and with no more than 40 gr/l of residual sugars:
Beside the above we will categorize the ageing as the following:
Rum – Unaged.(White, with or with out color, no additives or aroma added)
Rum Aged in wooden barrels up to 3 years.
- Rum Aged in wooden barrels up to 7 years.
- Rum Aged in wooden barrels more than 7 years.
All entries have the following conditions:
- Filling out an entry form specifying their classification and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paying the admission fee for Nordic Rum Awards:
- 1 mark/brand/reference: €85
- 2 mark/brand/reference: €160
- 3 mark/brand/reference: €230
- 4 mark/brand/reference: €310
- From 5 mark/brand/refences: €80 pr. entry.
- All entries for the Nordic Rum Awards should be at the following address at the latest on the 25.th of May, with a DDP(incoterms) delivery.
Romhatten Choice Awards 2019 – Nordic Rum Fest
In connection with Nordic Rum Fest, the 31.st of May and 01.st of June, 2019, Romhatten.dk is hosting a blindtasting for members of Romhatten, where we are looking at the best rum in 2 categories – its that simple.
The rum will be tested in 2 categories:
– Unaged Rum
– Aged Rum
The testsubjects will be exposed to an incredible amount of rum to taste, inbetween the 2 categories and there will giving out points for nose and flavour. There will be gold, silver and copper medals for the winners of each categoy.